Pressing on with our monthly afternoon service, we continue to get good attendance and excellent engagement with what we are doing.
This month, we looked at the topic of Sanctification. We looked into what it is and how it works in the Christian life. Below is the format of what we did.
- What is the distinction between justification & sanctification?
- Justification – Gen 15:6; Rom 3:28, 5:1, 8:1; Php 3:9
- Sanctification – Rom 8:29; Eph 4:22-4; Heb 12:14; 1 Pet 1:14-16; 1 Jn 2:6
- Why is sanctification a good indication of our salvation?
- Joh 14:15; Heb 10:14; Jam 2:14-26; 1 Jn 3:9;
- How can God place a stipulation of good works on salvation when he says it is by grace through faith alone?
- Php 1:6; 2:12-13; 2 Thess 1:11; Eph 2:10
- What role should good works play in our life as believers?
- If the world are to look at our good works and glorify God, how does this affect:
- Our lives personally
- Our community as a church
- Our approach to mission